Friday, September 18, 2009

a poem ...

General Store
by Rachel Field

Some day I'm going to have a store
With a tinkly bell hung over the door,
with real glass cases and counters wide
And drawers all spilly with things inside.
There'll be a little of everything:
Bolts of calico; balls of string;
Jars of peppermint; tins of tea;
Pots and kettles and crockery;
Seeds in packets; scissors bright;
Kegs of sugar, brown and white;
Sarsaparilla for picnic lunches,
Bananas and rubber boots in bunches.
I'll fix the window and dust each shelf,
And take the money in all myself.
It will be my store and I will say:
" What can I do for you today?"


I found this poem in a early 1900 book of poetry- I feel like it was written just for me!
thanks for stopping by...

5 comments:

Gail said...

Oh Mel,
How cute is that? Rachel Field wrote "Hitty" the story of a doll, which is one of my all-time favorites as a child.
Betcha didn't know that about me!!!

Denise said...

I love it! How sweet!

holly daniele smith said...

What a delicious poem. It fits you and your store so well! :)

Custom Capes by A said...

Hi, You don't know me but I recently searched google to see if I could track down what, 34 years ago, we used to call the "Big Red Book" for my Mom. This poem you've typed here was my favorite from that beloved book of poems and is the only poem I remembered from the book that I hadn't found a copy of in looking occasionally for a number of years now. My question to you is, do you have the book? If so, might you tell me the name, publisher, etc. so I can try to find a copy? I would appreciate your help and thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Best,
Alissa

disa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色