Thursday, December 31, 2009

boldly go...where no one has gone before...

a pretty little oil in a gold frame...
a sweet print in a very shabby gold frame...
the frame is really, really shabby, but such a wonderful scene, an oil with raised features...
and a simple oil, no frame, ...probably a practice oil...but nicely done (at least I think so)...
ALL FOR SALE...

and the story unfolds...
I swear my basement is a breeding place for junque...good junque, mind you, but still a breeding place.
Why? you ask?
I have been working down there for the past two days...pulling out good stuff for the "garage sale"...and everytime I go upstairs for a coffee break...I come back down and there are more boxes...how does that happen?
I am surely considering not going upstairs all day today...maybe then I will conquer the boxes before they breed and take over the world...
so...does anyone else have this problem...or have I truly gone where no one has gone before? Am I in an alternate reality in my basement...only to come up for air (upstairs) where life is normal?
hmmm...maybe I shouldn't complain...at least I keep finding fun, funky, vintage items for the sale...now if I can just expand the garage behind the store...not sure it is big enough for all of the items...
I did promise pictures...more will come, I am sure...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melanie
We had the exact same problem while we were packing up at Monticello today. Every time I lookedd there was more junque. It was like rabbits , I swear!
Happy New Year !
Sue

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Happy New Year Melanie!
I wish all good things for you in 2010! :) Laura