Tuesday, February 9, 2010

why I hate / love Anthropologie...

ok...I went to Anthropologie yesterday with my son...and they obviously had just received new display fixtures...that also had a price tag on them. Mind you, I usually go to Anthropologie for ideas...brainstorming new window displays, ideas I can steal, etc.
But yesterday was the worst outing, EVER...why you ask?
there was this piece of furniture...about 10 feet long... very old, pine...very skinny, table/counter that was solid on one side, open shelving on the other. (also drawers with ancient bin pulls...)
It was the perfect counter height. It was just...well...perfect...
now all I can think about(yep...ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT!) is how I can find $6400 to buy it. (did I mention that it would be perfect for the store?)
I hate Anthropologie...

4 comments:

Gail said...

$6400???????????? Egads, that's just outrageous! Sounds like the type of thing you can find for $30 in someone's old barn.....it's highway robbery I tell ya. Just want you to know that if I won the lottery (I'm talking a huge lottery here) I still wouldn't give you the money to buy that...a girl has to have principles you know:).

Denise said...

oh woW!!!!! thats expensive.....the right thing will come along.....I know it will. But I hear ya on when you can't get something out of your mind. You will stumble across another that is better...i just know it...

c said...

That's expensive, but I still love Anthropologie. Their window displays are always amazing. Have a look at squidoo.com/storewindows if you don't plan on going back there for inspiration ;-)

導暑紀時 said...

你可以從外表的美來評論一朵花或一隻蝴蝶,但你不能這樣來評論一個人 ..................................................