Wednesday, January 26, 2011

treasures...


as I purge our storage area and my very full basement...

I find that I am willing now to pass on some of my treasures that I have been saving...

I mean, will I really use these springs? Or these pool balls? Or these paint brushes?

I am often asked "don't I want to keep everything that I find?"

And yes, it used to be much harder to part with treasures...

but as I get older, I find that those treasures are just taking up space for me...

so I am hoping that some of my favorite things...might be your favorite things...
and that they can find new homes...
cuz I have so many more collections to part with...
these items are in my space at STARS...
and more and more will be taken in...
so...if you see anything that you love and don't live close by...just shoot me an email...
I will gladly pack up some goodies for you!

4 comments:

gretchen said...

OK, after reading this/seeing your photos, I know I need to get in the car very soon and head over to Stars. It's been way too long since I've been to the most wonderful Sellwood area!

Andy's Attic said...

I am in the purge mode, too. It all of a sudden seems somewhat overwhelming. I don't want to stop my junking but I want to pair it all down to a more managable amount. Aren't we fortunate to have a place to sell our treasures??
Annette

Uncovered Ruby said...

I had a garage fire a few months back, and a lot of my crafty stuff got ruined so we took a ton of 'junk' to the dump. It felt very freeing to be honest, sometimes my collecting gets overwhelming so I'm trying to continue to keep it
simple(r)..Lisa ;-)

Ormolulu said...

Thanks for commenting on Ormolulu, Melanie! We live in Bellingham . . . and, of course, being waaaay north the days still seem quite short.

Look forward to a trip to PDX in March--will come see you!

Debi