Monday, April 25, 2011

I don't like white...I don't like white...I don't like white...



I have been fighting it for years...


the all white look...


It is sooooo not me!!! 2 dogs, 2 cats, teenager and gobs of friends :)...granddaughter...
crayons, coffee, wine...chocolate, watercolors, glue...


and besides all of that, I am just not , not , not that all white gal...so while I have been purging lots of my fun vintage junque,
I find that in the simplicity that I am looking for, that with the leather chairs, the dark wood cabinets, the rustic antique drop leaf table that has been my coffee table for as long as I can remember, that the ONLY color of couch that went with it all, at IKEA was, in fact, white!
oh dear Lord, what have I done? Have I traveled over to the "white" side...
even the new (vintage) corner cabinet got a coat (or three) of white paint...


alas, the huge floral painting on the wall might just save me from the dreaded "whiteness"...
what have I done?
what color will I paint the walls?
no, no, not white...

sigh...

4 comments:

Andy's Attic said...

You have not gone white! You still have color and everything in your house isn't white. If you need an intervention I will be there for you.
Annette

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Too funny ~ just go with it! Love the corner cabinet in white :)
deb

Gail said...

Well Sweetie,
It looks just great so far! Probably just takes getting used to! You'll adjust it as you go along to make it your own, no doubt.
You have awesome talents, I'm not worried!!!! You shouldn't be either.....you can always get a darker slipcover down the road when you need too..

Uncovered Ruby said...

You're funny Melanie! I love the look of your room, despite your exclamation that you don't like white (I'm not all that crazy about it either). You have lots of color in there to make up for it though..it looks nice and bright, which around here is a good thing with all of our rain! Lisa ;-)