Saturday, May 7, 2011

If roses grow in Heaven...

If Roses grow in Heaven,
Lord please pick a bunch for me,
Place them in my Mother's arms
and tell her they're from me.
Tell her I love her and miss her,
and when she turns to smile,
place a kiss upon her cheek
and hold her for awhile.
Because remembering her is easy,
I do it every day,
but there's an ache within my heart
that will never go away.


to my mom, and to all those moms out there...
Happy Mother's Day...
all my love.

not sure who wrote this...have had it for awhile...

4 comments:

Gail said...

Mel,
That's an unbelievably sweet poem! Happy Mother's day my friend, I do hope you get pampered a bit (or a lot!)

Agnes Borja Rosen said...

Love this poem! I lost my mom in 1992 and I still miss her as if it were just yesterday that she passed. Have a wonderful Mother's Day! Cheers...Agnes

Andy's Attic said...

Very sweet. Happy Mother's Day to you!
Annette

Uncovered Ruby said...

Sniff, sniff..thank you for sharing that sweet poem..Happy Mother's Day to you!
Lisa