Sunday, February 12, 2012

what I want to be when I grow up...



Don't have a clue. When people hear that I am going back to school, the very first question is always "what for?"
wish I knew...
When I turned 50 I just knew that there was "more" ...
something out there that I didn't know...
someone out there that I haven't met...
somebody out there that I was supposed to meet...
so I prayed, and I prayed, and I prayed...
and it took me over a year to listen...

I am not sure what I am doing...
but I know that I am not standing still...
and that there is someone I am supposed to meet, or something that I am meant to do still...

sounds a bit corny, or a bit like I am having an identity crisis...
but I do believe that I have to trust God to guide me...
and I have to be willing to listen...( I am so very bad at the listening part...)

so yesterday when I got asked "what do I want to be when I grow up?"...
I thought, oh no, not again...

but I think I have the answer now...

"what do I want to be when I grow up?"

"smarter"

and hopefully some day soon, I will know exactly what I want to be when I grow up...


thank you for caring, and for sharing your support of me going back to school...your supportive comments mean the world to me...

5 comments:

Andy's Attic said...

That is a great goal. We can always learn. I decided after I retired, that I don't want to grow up! I had to be a grownup while I worked and I got sick of it!! :>)

Gail said...

Annette,
Love your comment! It's boring being a grown up, not really all it's cracked up to be is it?
And as for you, my best friend? All that matters is how you feel inside about what you're doing, nobody else's opinion matters one bit! Go forward with your heart and you'll be happy....;).
And if you're not happy, you can always change course, right?

Bee & Mason said...

A very Smart women the other day told me we all have choices and sometimes they fit and other times they don't but we have the choice to find out. You have made that Smart choice!

Patrice said...

Hello. Love this post.

If I could do anything I wanted, I would spend my days taking courses, interning, being the grad assistant and learning, learning, learning.

Smarter is better and smarter!

Amy said...

I LOVE that. I felt the same way since I was 18..."What do you want to be when you grow-up" and I am so frustrated that i still don't know, but I know I have big plans, dreams & goals. I am so impressed you went back to school. I would just love to sit & talk with you about that. It's so brave, bold and empowering!