Tuesday, January 15, 2013

an interesting find...do you know what they are?

found this set of lights when I was out picking today...
I am pretty sure they have never been used...
but I think they are missing their "plug ins"...
so I have to hit the hardware store for help...
but there are stakes that these lights sit on, and a long cord
that plugs in... then they should light up...
 but I would love to know if anyone has ever seen these lit up and functioning...or how old they might be...
 I thought they might help light up my walkway...it can get really quite dark at night...
 so if you have seen these...or know anything about them...I would love you to jot me a line...
 I do think they are kinda cool!
happy hunting out there!

2 comments:

Andy's Attic said...

It seems I've seen them in the past (way past) lighting up palm trees and/or other trees or shrubs around a house. I have no idea where that idea comes from...just out of this old brain......it would have been 50's or 60's.

Gail said...

Very cool lights! I can see how they might give great 'accent' light on trees or shrubs at night.
Not sure how much real light they'll put out though.
At Christmas we replace all our regular bulbs with red or green bulbs and it's very dark compared to normal........but it looks cool!
Great find!