Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Can't resist braggin' on my man...







ok...I didn't know when I married my man 21 years ago that he was so talented. I knew that he was smooth. (you don't marry a guy after 3 months of dating without "smooth")! I knew he was a salesman extraordinaire. I knew he was a keeper. But I didn't know that he could wield a hammer! It has been so much fun, listening to him swear (kidding!) at his mistakes. Listening to him hum while he is figuring out where the next nail goes. Listening to him dream little greenhouse dreams.
Since he left his sales job last year, he has been out in the new garage...creating away. And this week he created his biggest "house" yet, a special order from Carol, one of the owners of "Justin & Burks" in Sellwood. They have the most wonderful store, full of exotic shells, fantastic light fixtures, and curiosities galore! I can be in there for hours, just soaking up the ambiance. So, I took pics of John's creation, in Justin & Burks, along with other pictures of their amazing store. Enjoy!!! by the way, if you are headed to Sellwood, they are open 7 days a week and their address is
8301 SE 13th, 97202. Your jaw will drop, and you will be inspired!

6 comments:

Gail said...

Oh Mel!!!
I love when you brag on your man!!! So cute, yes John is very talented with a hammer...don't know firsthand what else he's talented with "wink".....
That is ONE FABULOUS GREENHOUSE!!!!
Looks marvelous, as does everything else John makes...you're lucky to have him crafting treasures for you. Thanks for sharing the picture.....
Bff,
Gail

Kindred Roses said...

Those Hubs are pretty special. Mine helps out a lot. Couldn't do it without him.
Kudos to all the Hubs.....
Julie

. said...

Lovely stuff! Denise Elizabeth

VintageScraps.etsy.com said...

What a great store! Too bad I'm in NC or I'd be camping there a lot. And it's always so refreshing to hear from people who are crazy about their guys- I was afraid I was the only one :)

English Cottage in Georgia said...

What a delightful store! How wonderful to have a creative, guy with tools:-). Are in of the items in the pics - creations by your husband?

Unknown said...

thanks for stopping by my blog. Your store looks so wonderful! I wish I lived closer. I love your blog!