Sunday, August 8, 2010

My " baby" is 17...

hard for me to believe...but 17 years ago, tomorrow, my baby was born. I was destined to have just one...as my body dictated...but I could not have asked for a kinder, more wonderful human being as my son is growing up to be...as we speak, 16 of his closest friends are out in the backyard playing ping pong, listening to music, eating BBQ burgers and dogs, and playing foosball- a bit of an "old school" party, complete with the Costco cake with the dinosaur on it (he choose the cake!)...
tomorrow is the family celebration...we take him out to breakfast...then we are shopping for a new bike...(so glad he isn't asking for a car yet-that will probably be next year!)
I have to admit, after swimming parties and xbox parties and water parties...I am delighted that this is what he chose to do...
hope you all had a great weekend!

1 comment:

Gail said...

Mel,
To the first comment I say, huh?
You're such a great mom, and as a result you've raised a wonderful young man, Alex. Happy birthday Alex!
Enjoy!