Monday, September 27, 2010

the nicest dog ever...

we got Mandy as a puppy from the Humane Society...a little mini bundle of energy...
and we adopted her buddy Cinderella about 6 years ago...inseparable they are...
but 14 years after adopting Mandy...she is starting to move slowly...and jump up on the couch less and less...
as I looked at her tonight, I got a wee bit worried that her age is really starting to show...
and I hope and pray that she will stay healthy...after all...showing your age isn't all that bad...
but somehow I just needed to honor her tonight with a blog post...
cuz she is the nicest dog...ever...
back to blogging about the store tomorrow...thanks for the indulgence tonight...

3 comments:

Gail said...

Awwww,
I think those "rescue" dogs know, somehow, their good fortune....one minute they're in a cage, next minute they're driving off with loving humans.......
Trust me, they know the difference! And I'm sure Mandy has been so happy with you all
Hopefully it's just arthritis, aspirin helps them with that.
Hopefully Mandy has many good years left in her...:)

J.E. Bolton said...

Sonic, my mini schnauzer, was a dog I found as a stray and rescued. He has a good life and is SPOILED!!!! Which is exactly what I wanted =-).

I think pets realize so much more than we humans give them credit for. And you'd be surprised: little dogs have a tendency to live long lives, even 15+ years.

Give your little ones hugs and kisses everyday!

The Green Pea said...

Hello there, I am glad to meet Mandy.
She looks like a sweet dog. I also have a rescue dog, they seem to be so grateful for a good home. I hope you have many wonderful memories with Mandy. sandi