Monday, August 18, 2008

100 degree weekend




Glad that our heat wave is over! Here in lovely Portland, we had this amazing 3 days of excruciating heat. Yes, I am not a heat lover. However, I did have some customers in the store that LOVED the heat. Thank goodness for the Arizonians that came in, since some of my regular customers stayed away during this heat wave (and yes, I don't blame you!).
SO... I have decided that the next time we have a heat wave, and the thermometer hits over 90 degrees, that I will have everything in the store 10 Percent off!!! (thanks for the idea, Alan and Gail!).
REMEMBER---- THE STORE IS AIR CONDITIONED!!!
I did get a lot done this weekend. I loaded up the store with new items, furniture, bits and bobbles. So...enjoy the new pics, and hope to see you all soon!
melanie

1 comment:

Gail said...

Wow Mel, the pics look great!
And thanks for using Alan's 90/10 sale idea (90 degrees and over everything 10% off). I know you tried to give me some credit, thanks my friend, but it was all his idea. He's a great marketing man!
Keep up the good work...
Your best friend,
Gail