Friday, October 16, 2009

I have a huge obsession...

I am obsessed with wood...old kitchen cabinets (yes, this is part of the "new" kitchen remodel)
another vintage cabinet that holds our canned goods and baking supplies...
yes...those are old yardsticks bordering my ceiling...have collected them for years and finally realized where I wanted them...
windows and drawers...wall decor in my small, teeny little kitchen...

and this funky screen- works great as a mug shelf over our coffee pots(yes...we have more than one in this kitchen...another obsession of mine, coffee is...)
I have been purging my personal collection of wood items...and a lot of them have ended up in the store- I have drawers and wee little shelves, and boxes...the list goes on.
lots of new old stuff has landed...hope you can come and see it all soon!
have a super Friday...

4 comments:

Sammy Girl said...

Melanie ...
Just found your blog. YUMMY!
I live in Tualatin, so NEED to come by and visit (and maybe take a few items home with me, lol!)
Drop by the blog if you have a chance .... lotsa fun stuff to make you laugh ...
Hugs and have a super Saturday!
Betty :)

Gail said...

After having just been lucky enough to see your kitchen in person yesterday, all I have to say is WOW!!
It look so fantastic, homey, yummy, creative...how many more adjectives can I possibly use? My favorite part was your fabulous use of the yardsticks lining the walls.....must admit I never would have thought of that. And then the rest of your house, well, I wanted it all...I don't think I've ever seen a more fun collection of books, suitcases, religious memorabilia, etc.
Then there's your greenhouse....~sigh~, lucky girl....

Anonymous said...

Hi Melanie , It was good to see you and Gail last weekend - did you find some treasures? You know I've tried to become a follower on your blog 3 times now. I hope it "took" this time. See you soon , Sue

Dayna Collins said...

I love how you have used your yardsticks! I, too, collect them . . . ummmmmmm, I'll have to ponder tacking them up somewhere!