Thursday, February 25, 2010

the "c" word...and she is only in her 40's...my dear friend...

when people move in and out of our lives, we are so very fortunate when we find a girlfriend that can make you laugh...and make you cry...
and when they move away...and you lose touch...it doesn't mean that they mean less to you, only that lives are busy and we sometimes barely have time to keep in touch with those we live close to...
but when a friend's husband calls...and tells your husband that his wife found out last Friday that she has breast cancer...it brings back all of the moments that you were together...and especially the way she could make anyone feel like they were the most important person on the planet.
that is my friend Jana.
we have lost touch, but I have never forgotten.
my blog entries are usually filled with sunny moments...my store...my family...but tonight I ask for prayers for my dear friend Jana, her husband, and her two boys.
and I will be getting back in touch...to reach out...
life...sometimes sunny, sometimes not.

5 comments:

Cynthia K. said...

I will definitely pray for your friend - sometimes life is just hard and painful - and it knocks us for a loop, but helps us focus again on the important things...

There are quite a few breast cancer survivors these day so we'll pray and expect that good result.

Cynthia K. (Beauty and Blessings)

Gail said...

So sorry my sweet friend! She can definitely count on some prayers from me......

My Vintage Treasures said...

Prayers & good thoughts for you and your friends.

Tina Schiefer said...

Seems the older I get, the more bad news I get from friends and family.

The last 12 months or so, have brought an extraordinary amount of concern, hope, sorrow and grief. All the good has been coupled with bad.

I hope your friend fights hard and is able to conquer the "c" word. It seems to be rearing it's ugly head more and more these days!!!

Andy's Attic said...

A prayer has been sent for her. I hope better news about her comes soon.
Annette