Monday, November 1, 2010

when dreams change...

when your dream of having a brick and mortar store doesn't work out...you move on...
my STARS mall space is doing great...and I am on the hunt for another space or two to sell my wares...
and in two weekends I will conduct a very large estate sale with LOADS of vintage goodies and treasures...
and in my few moments of free time until then, I will be sorting through the many boxes of treasures that we moved out of the store...in to my new studio space...since it is only 8 feet by 9 feet, many treasures will be priced and put in STARS for sale...(oh...and did I mention my blow out sale in the garage behind the store later in the month?)...
I feel like the luckiest girl to have this little house to call my studio...now that it is winterized it is no longer being called the "greenhouse" around here, but my hideout/studio...
cuz its a bit like having my own little tree house to decorate to become a true working studio...cuz I have all sorts of "ideas" for creating some (I hope :) fab paper products from vintage papers...
but I really have to be picky about what I keep...cuz when you put tables and shelves in a 8 by 9 foot space...there really is nothing left!
I hope you all have a great week!
preview pics of the estate sale will be up soon...

5 comments:

Andy's Attic said...

Melanie, I am so happy for you!! It looks so warm and cozy. There is such a special feeling in having your own little piece of heaven. Hope to see you soon,
Annette

Unknown said...

I love your little studio. I used to have a potting shed before we moved..I LOVED IT....it was my hideaway too...I know exactly what you are talking about....I called it my potting shed but it was decorated up and I potted my plants outside so I wouldn't mess up the cuteness! LOL!!!

Martha, Vintage Trifles said...

Loved your shop, but really love your new studio! It would be heaven to have a little such a space, but I feel lucky to have my workroom. Hope you can make it on the 12th. We would love to celebrate the season with you! Hugs, Martha

Pink Door said...

Hey Melanie...its Marcee from Stars! So...maybe you should call me...I may have a space for you to sell your prizes..in sellwood at Pat shop...he opened another one down the street and now I'm kinda runnin' the show at the first one. Anywho...I do really weel there...maybe it would be a good fit for you?

kallisong said...

Hi, Melanie ~
I'm so out of the loop! I finally dropped by the Fremont store (miss placed your cell #, still looking) to retrieve my 'Botton' earrings, and to my *shock* you're shop is gone!!! Can you call me at your convenience, and I'll zoom right over? (503)285-3177 I still can't believe it...Please consider St. John's for relocation.