Monday, March 28, 2011

vintage shoe bags...I need one more!!

went to this HUGE digger estate sale a couple of weeks ago...just could not find anything that I wanted that didn't already have a SOLD sign on it or was in someone elses pile under the check out table...
so I bought ONE lousy thing (think it was a garden tool for $1)...then waited patiently while my buddy Elaine dug and dug and found the best antique trims and fabrics....
and in her pile was the COOLEST pink shoe bag...
disgusted with myself for not finding it...and trying so very hard not to "whine" ( THAT I am very good at...)
I wandered around once again on the main floor...
nothing.

wait...
could it be???

there, where I had already looked a million times, was a dark shoe bag...
scooped it up...
asked a few close by folks if it was theirs in case they set it down by accident...
and checked out...
SCORE...a cool shoe bag for $6...
so very happy, I was...

later in the week...
my lovely, wonderful, sharing friend Elaine...

she gave me hers!!!!
(and I had only whined a little bit!)

I detect another collection beginning...
and what a great way to organize in my studio...
will let you know where they get hung...

ahhhh...
so happy...
truly is the littlest things for me that make me smile!




3 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Digger's sale are my favorite ones! Key word: DIG !!!
Sweet shoe bags! Have great to have your own room! That is my goal this year ( it's been for the last 6 years, but who is counting!)
Nice friend too. Love the colors.
warmly,
deb

gretchen said...

I love them, too! have one that might be the same color as that pink one..
great for scarves, whatever...who cares? they are cool and yeah, I'd grab up more if/when I see them (if the price isn't too crazy)

Lisa Johnson said...

I love your shoe bags. Of course I do, they both have pink roses. I have two cute vintage ones myself, but haven't found a place to hang them yet. I do have one for sale in my booth at Monticello in case your interested.
XO,
Lisa