Thursday, April 28, 2011

just a memory keeper...



I find that as I am cleaning out my studio, that I am keeping "memories" as well as supplies...


I am finding my mom everywhere...


she is no longer on this planet, but as I clean out boxes and boxes of "junque" I am finding bits of my past every where I look...


but you see those funny metal things hanging on my wall? those are very old, metal easels, hung backwards. I have had them in a box for at least 15 years.
I have moved these almost a dozen times...

I remember exactly where and when I bought them...

in a dirty, dusty garage.
at an estate sale.
with my mom.

the very last time we went to garage sales together.

memories.

2 comments:

Gail said...

OMGosh Mel,
I know at least one item in your sweet home that you'll never get rid of!!! What a sweet story, thanks for sharing it........:).

Andy's Attic said...

What a great memory! They actually look artsy hanging on the wall like that. Have a super weekend!
Annette