Tuesday, July 26, 2011

vintage trunk heaven...

I brought in 5 trunks that i have purchased the past few years but I have been hoarding them at home...
I decided that it was time to give them up...
so they have traveled to STARS ANTIQUE mall so that they might find a good home...

in this first photo, there is an amazing child's trunk on top with really awesome paper lining inside (all original)
the trunk that is on its side is a bit shabby, but the small gold label on the outside says that this trunk is from PARIS!
and the larger trunk is still pretty small, and has its original tray inside as well...

this green trunk I have had for years...


I bought it at a yard sale...this lovely man was selling all of his "junk" and moving overseas...he said that his great grandfather built and painted this trunk...
if my house were bigger, I would keep this one for sure...
has a great "feel" about it (is that silly?)

hope you are all having a great week!

3 comments:

Uncovered Ruby said...

My sweet Melanie!
Those square wash tubs are a pair that go on a stand which wasn't in any of the pictures, otherwise I'd sell one of them to you by itself..can't wait to see you Friday! Recognize your map? ;-) Lisa

okcamp said...

Your green tool chest is great. I've never seen one with brass corner pieces, and quite often the tray is missing.

Thanks for showing us your work area. You're so organized.

Andy's Attic said...

Love that last little chest. I would find a place for it but something else would have to go.
Annette