Thursday, September 15, 2011

my very own magical house...time for a re-do...

If you have been following for a while, you know that this used to be my studio...
but then I realized that it really wasn't functional in the winter, that it just wasn't air tight, and no matter how hard I tried to get it warm in there, it just wasn't warm enough to do collages with paper and embellishments...
so...I moved my studio in to the house this spring, and my little house in the backyard became storage this summer...
but I decided that it was time for it to be a greenhouse again...
I missed my funky plantings...
and folks at STARS Antique mall missed them too.
so...
time for the "junk" to come out...
and time to transform...



did I mention that I am having a sale next month? Cuz I have a TON of stuff that is going to be for sale (forgot about ALL THESE BOXES, TOO!)
so...here is the green house partly emptied...

this table ? Where did it come from you ask?
this was my inspiration for the re-do...
I found it 2 weeks ago at a sale...
want to know how much it was?
let's just say I used one bill...
and it had President Jackson on it...
and I fell in love!!!
now if you know me, I am the QUEEN of big tables....
for some reason, they find me...
and they end up at STARS...
but this one?
I looked at my hubby...and said "ITS MINE"!!!!!




and this little glass greenhouse? Found it yesterday at my favorite resale shop...
(you don't really think I am going to give away that little tidbit, do you?)


so now, I am dreaming...trying to figure out what to keep and what to sell...
but I have decided to be brutal...and to really unclutter my life...
so, most things are going to be wearing a price tag...

just not the fairy...
she helps me dream...

3 comments:

Gail said...

O.K,
That table just brought tears to my eyes it's so awesome! You do know how to channel those big tables, don't you? Wish you would have done that while you were down here, that would look awesome in my studio, even if it meant I couldn't move! Haahahahaha.
It would totally be worth it!
If you ever decide to get rid of it (as if....).......

Vintage Station said...

Oh, Melanie, I'm so jealous and happy for you...you have such a knack!

Rebecca said...

Melanie this table is a keeper.... love it!
Your greenhouse is magical, so wonderful.
Good luck with your sale and have fun
Blessings
Rebecca