Thursday, August 2, 2012

home transformation...part 1...the dining room...

My dining room and living room have been the same color...
this khaki color...for 3 years...I like it, but one of my goals this summer was to purge my house of vintage clutter, sell it all at sales (A Vintage Gathering and Plucky Maidens), and redo the inside of my house, including the dining room, living room, hallway and kitchen...we began with the dining room...




so far, we have painted the dining room a wonderful blue (the white blobs are just the flash)...

 and we are painting/distressing our hutch bright white to match the windows and trims...
along with giving the hardwood floors a good scrubbing and waxing...
 so this is where we are so far...I have no idea about window coverings, or what will go on the walls...
Next week, we tear apart the kitchen...
stay tuned :)

1 comment:

Andy's Attic said...

I love that blue!!!! Oh, my, you are going to have fun doing all the finishing touches. Tearing up the kitchen does NOT sound fun. The end result will be worth it, though.