Thursday, November 8, 2012

A treasure that I have had all along...and didn't know it...

First off, let me explain...
I mean no disrespect to any of my relatives...
I have had this photo of this woman for about 30 years...
my grandmother gave her to me...
I think it might have been her mom or grandma...
I know she is family...
but absolutely no idea who she is...
but since I am moving (again) and she is moving with me...
I thought before I wrap her up, again, (by the way, she has NEVER been hung on a wall, or been out of her box...NEVER...) and she had broken glass covering her, that I should finally take the broken pieces off...

 this is the back of the frame. You can see how old this is by the phone number... 54!!!

 so once I took the back piece off...imagine my surprise!
after ALL THESE YEARS...




well...I absolutely love these Mother prints...so I am going to put my long lost relative behind the Mother print, and in my new house, hang her on the wall...and my relative (whoever she is) will finally be out of the box and on a wall...
Of course, now I am wondering, once again, who is she?


3 comments:

Andy's Attic said...

Very sweet. Maybe some day you will find out who the mystery woman was...but now you can enjoy the sweet mother treasure.

Vintage Station said...

What treasures we have and don't even know it! When I say I want to go estate sale shopping my daughter always tells me to go in my basement.

Gail said...

What a fun discovery!